Originally announced in April, 2022, a DMSC Exploratory Task Group will investigate the feasibility of a formalized QIF training program. The inaugural meeting has been scheduled for Thursday, 8 September 2022 @ 11am ET.
With QIF-centric educational opportunities being sparse, the Digital Metrology Standards Consortium sees new training options as key to future widespread adoption of the Quality Information Framework/QIF standard as industry continues its digital transformation.
The DMSC Board of Directors has authorized the formation of this Exploratory Task Group and is looking for a diversified set of participants that can work to develop a plan and provide sufficient perspective to conclude if a formalized program will further DMSC’s QIF goals (in a practical sense).
The DMSC Exploratory Task Group would operate in a similar manner to current DMSC Working Groups, and ultimately report back to the DMSC Board of Directors.
The DMSC expects this Task Group to discuss and determine:
• What DMSC resources would be required to develop a training program?
• What would be the cost for developing and maintaining a QIF training program?
• Who would run the training program (3rd party organizations, etc) and what would the cost be?
• What are the benefits of developing a formalized training program?
• Who would be the target candidates for such a program?
• Would there be sufficient demand for this service to justify the level of effort for development?
• How would such a program be administered?
• Do the existing DMSC resources support the development and administering of such a program?
In short, this Task Group would deliver a fully sketched out training program with a detailed cost/benefit analysis.
All interested parties (including non-DMSC members) are invited to be part of this Task Group. A DMSC Member Chair and/or Co-Chair are yet to be named. The DMSC has scheduled the inaugural Task Group meeting for 8 September 2022 @ 11am ET.
Microsoft Teams meeting:
Join on your computer or mobile app
Or call in (audio only)
+1 585-371-5124,,473980079# United States, Rochester
Phone Conference ID: 473 980 079#
This effort is blazing new trails for DMSC. Any interested parties should contact DMSC Executive Director Mark Thomas for additional information: firstname.lastname@example.org